Standards related to CAD/CAM/CAE
STEP (ISO 10303)Edit
- STandard for Exchange of Product model data
- A very complex standard for everything from simple drafting to NC machining. Widely used.
Official references Edit
Other references Edit
- ST-Developer by STEP Tools, Inc.
- The last official version of the standard, RS-274D, was published in 1980. The many variations of G-code in use today have diverged significantly from that standard.
- Initial Graphics Export Specification
- STereo Lithography format, originally for rapid prototyping machines
- Defines a mesh of triangles approximating the surface of a model. Widely used despite its lossy nature.